Thursday, November 27, 2008

My first blog - "A Wednesday" on Thursday!

I know I know this is a typical title but writing for the first time can be quite eerie unless you are a serial writer.
Last night I watched "A Wednesday" on a Wednesday night (unintentional). Naseerudhin Shah and Anupam Kher conveyed their messages accurately. The fear, the uncertainty, the loss, the haunting experience of a common man. It was something that stayed in my subconscious mind so much so that I woke up in the middle of dawn thinking about it only to watch the dreadful bombing and firing news on BBC this morning. It was hard to digest when I woke up at 4:00 a.m wrapped up in my best cotton sheets, that people were dying of fear and blasts in Mumbai. Why???
My heart goes out to all the Indians and foreigners being targeted.
It's just become impossible to switch the TV on without a flood of bad news engulfing your daily life. We keep complaining about our mundane lives and how each of us has a dream to fulfill, and I'm not any different. But I'd only say one thing "Be careful what you wish for"!

3 comments:

Firebolt said...

The TwitterVerse has been abuzz with this outrageous incident.

It really is very nice to see another desi femme (of the butch-femme dynamic or not) on the blogosphere.

I trackbacked here from your visit on my blog. Are you on AfterEllen.com by any chance? I really need to log over there and check my inbox.

Desi Femme said...

Hi Firebolt,
Yes I'm on AfterEllen and you did send me a PM to join the blogosphere. I'm enjoying blogging but my consistency will depend on how much time I've got in my hands. For now it's fun! How were you able to track back? I'd like to know... I've added myself to your followers' list. See you around.

Firebolt said...

I did send out PMs to some people in an effort to build an Indian lesbian/bisexual bloggers' ring. I'm glad you decided to pick up blogging.

I use the sitemeter tracker for site stats etc.